Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Endless Search for Mr. Right


(the above photo is from http://tinyurl.com/7pj6dww)

It seems that, Christian Girl or not, many get led astray by sweet talking boys who have nothing good in mind. In our society, a dangerous mindset seems to have taken over. People seem to think that if someone asks you out on a date or to be their boyfriend or girlfriend, you have to say yes. Many girls seem to think that every guy deserves a chance, and, if they say no, they’d possibly be missing out on a great guy. (Also, many girls get the mindset that they can change someone.)

When I was in high school, I didn’t date. The main reason was because there weren’t many guys I was interested in. I wasn’t the kind of girl to rush into any guy who showed interest in me. I saw so many girls who were so desperate for someone to love them that they got themselves into bad situations.

Just because a guy claims to like you, doesn’t mean you have to say yes! You have the right to say no, or ask him to give you time to think about it. If you say the latter, pray about it. Ask God to give you an answer as to whether or not you should go forward with this young man.

God will always answer in some way. There have been a few guys in the past that I would have love to have dated, but none of them have liked me back. Now I see at this point that I wouldn’t have been a good match for those people for one reason or another. I definitely believe, beyond any shadow of doubt, that God knows what He is doing. (Prov. 3:5, Jer. 29:11)

Like most girls, I really want to get married and have a family one day. But, I know that before I meet that man one day, I have to keep growing closer to God. I do my best to pray more often and to study my bible. God should be our first love, and, when He decides it’s time, He’ll help us meet Mr. Right.

Think about Hannah from 1st Samuel for a moment. She wanted so badly to have a child. Back then, it was considered shameful to be unable to conceive. She kept seeking God over and over again, and kept her faith. Then, God granted her request for a child, and she had a son named Samuel. (1st Samuel 1).
Hannah brought herself closer to God, and God drew closer to her. It will be the same for us! (Psalm 37:4, Psalm 20:4, 1st John 5:14, Matthew 6:25-34, Romans 8:28, James 4:8)

We’re God’s daughters, and He wants what’s best for us. Wherever we find ourselves in life, good or bad, we need to turn to God as our guide. Take the time to observe the guy before you date him, and ask around about him. Ask God to give you an answer as to whether or not you should be dating Him. He always replies in one way or another.

It does happen often that girls get their heart broken. If you do, see that as a sign to draw even closer to God and find comfort in Him. Learn what you can from the relationship, and know better what not to do in the future.

To close, here’s a quote that I believe every girl should keep in mind:

“A woman’s heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her.”-Maya Angelou

If a man could care less about God, your values, or faith, he doesn’t deserve you, and you should move along until God helps you find someone who does.

2 comments:

JOYCE YANG said...

Thank you, Chelsea. I hope I will have some sisters accompany me waiting for the right man.

Thank you for posting this.

Mission Possible said...

Wonderful! Thank you for sharing. :)