Friday, August 19, 2011

Life Changing Event!

(The photo taken below was taken by me in Cade's Cove, TN)


I just had one of the most amazing weeks of my life. I spent the week in Sevierville, TN in the Smoky Mountains. I attended Polishing the Pulpit, and, I have to say that it was one of the most amazing things I’ve ever done in my life.


When I first came in to the building where it was being held, I think I was rather surprised by the number of people. It was rather thrilling to be in the same building with so many Christians with the exact same focus as me. Apparently, 2500+ people registered for the event.


The lessons were wonderful. The speakers chosen for this event were chosen so well! I was very pleasantly surprised that the women’s lessons were actually some tougher and deeper subjects. The women that spoke had some really good topics assigned to them.


The great thing about the topics selected was that nothing was held back. They taught lessons that needed to be taught, that people seemed to steer clear from. What you got was a week of lessons that really forced you to look inward and really made you think about your spiritual life, and encourage you to make definite changes that needed to be made.


I must also mention that the singing was incredible. On Sunday morning, 1273 people gathered at the convention center for worship. It sent chills down my spine because the singing was just so beautiful. Everyone singing in a cappella, in rich harmonies worshipping our God, it really made you think of what it would be like in heaven. The singing was like that the rest of the week.

On Wednesday night, the last night of the event, my two favorite songs were led: “Our God, He is Alive”, and “The Greatest Commands”. I’ve never heard the latter sung more beautiful before. Anyone who says that they don’t get a cappella worship, or dislike it, I believe that their minds would DEFINITELY change if they heard the singing that occurred this week.


The overall experience was amazing, and wouldn’t trade it for anything! I made some new friends, learned some profound lessons, and I would definitely recommend this event for next year. If you do decide to go, you definitely won’t regret it! You can’t make any better investment than one to help you get to heaven!


After the last women’s session yesterday, all of us in the room held hands and sung “Blessed Be the Tie that Binds”. There were many wonderful women in that room, and, it was so encouraging to stand there with all of them. One of the most wonderful things about being a Christian is that, when you have good Christian friends, those friendships never end. You’ll see all the people you love one day in heaven where we’ll all worship our God forever and ever without ceasing. Isn’t that wonderful?


Proverbs 17:17: “A friend loves at all times…”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was my first year at PTP, too, and I had several of the same impressions as you--especially the singing! I will never forget the week and am already looking forward to next year.